Online Learning Module Details
Module 1: Science & Clinical Literature Regarding use of Microneedling (MN) in Aesthetic Conditions
- What is microneedling and the mechanism of action
- Skin anatomy and microneedling histological changes
- Microneedling Advantages
- Devices and FDA regulation
Module 2: Discuss Combination Therapy, Including Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), Chemical Peels, etc.
- Applications in Aesthetic medicine
- Monotherapy for scars, wrinkles, rejuvenation, and melasma
- Combining PRP with microneedling
- What is platelet-rich plasma
- PRP + MN for acne scars
- Combination Therapies Detailed and discussed
Module 3: Discuss the Process, Pearls, and Pitfalls
- Protocols and tips and pearls discussed
- Marketing support
Module 4: Full-Length Demonstration Videos
- Tray set up and PRP separation
- PRP facial rejuvenation: split face device use
- Microneedling acne patient
- PRP Scar revisions/striae
Our Expert Faculty
The following presenter has disclosed the following relationships with commercial interest. All other presenters, planners or anyone in a position to control the content of this continuing medical education activity have indicated that neither they nor their spouse/legally recognized domestic partner has any financial relationships with commercial interests related to the content of this activity.
Amelia K. Hausauer, MD, FAAD
BOARD CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
Understand mechanism of action in the skin, clinical literature supporting treatment in different disease states as well as potential parameters, risks of therapy, and benefits of combination treatment. Learn advanced skills and application pearls.
- Objective 1: Discuss the mechanism of action and biologic changes in the skin responsible for effects seen post-microneedling
- Objective 2: Review the safety and efficacy of microneedling monotherapy in scarring, rejuvenation, pigmentary disorders, and striae.
- Objective 3: Compare the safety and efficacy of microneedling to other resurfacing and rejuvenation therapies.
- Objective 4: Review the safety and efficacy of microneedling combination therapy.
- Objective 5: Utilize microneedling with and without PRP therapy when treating patients for acne or surgical scarring, rejuvenation, and striae.