LIVE Q & A EVERY second Tuesday of the month, 7:30 PM EST. MD experts will answer your questions on topics like PRP, microneedling, and microbiome technology. Back by popular demand, Dr. Jeffrey Rapaport, MD, FAAD will discuss protocols, application techniques, and adjunctive therapies utilizing PRP for Hair Restoration every other month.
Online Learning Module Details
Module 1: Science & Clinical Literature Regarding use of Microneedling (MN) in Aesthetic Conditions
- What is microneedling and the mechanism of action
- Skin anatomy and microneedling histological changes
- Microneedling Advantages
- Devices and FDA regulation
Module 2: Discuss Combination Therapy, Including Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), Chemical Peels, etc.
- Applications in Aesthetic medicine
- Monotherapy for scars, wrinkles, rejuvenation, and melasma
- Combining PRP with microneedling
- What is platelet-rich plasma
- PRP + MN for acne scars
- Combination Therapies Detailed and discussed
Module 3: Discuss the Process, Pearls, and Pitfalls
- Protocols and tips and pearls discussed
- Marketing support
Module 4: Full-Length Demonstration Videos
- Tray set up and PRP separation
- PRP facial rejuvenation: split face device use
- Microneedling acne patient
- PRP Scar revisions/striae
Module 1: What is PRP and Platelet Recovery + Detailing Hair Loss (Protocols)
- Whole Blood Components/Platelet Anatomy
- What is Platelet Rich Plasma?
- What to Look for When Evaluating a PRP System
- Evaluating Hair Loss and Treatment Options
- Injection Protocol and Combination Therapy
- Summary/Additional Resources
Module 2: PRP Microneedling Applications
- Review the science & literature regarding use of platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy for facial rejuvenation & aesthetics
- Review the science & clinical literature regarding use of microneedling for facial rejuvenation & aesthetics
- Discuss combination therapy
- Discuss the process, pearls, & pitfalls
Module 3: Marketing PRP within your Practice
- Marketing Aspects
- Importance of Social Media
- Defining your Brand
Module 4: Full Length Demonstration Videos
- PRP Centrifuge Spin and Draw
- Assessment and Before and After Imaging
- 6 Unique Hair Restoration Demos with LIVE Model
- 3 Unique Microneedling + PRP Application Demos
- Tear Trough and PRP Injections for Acne scarring
- Tips and Pearls for Optimal Results
Our Expert Faculty
The following presenters(s) have disclosed the following relationship with a commercial interest. All other presenters, planners or anyone in a position to control the content of this continuing medical education activity have indicated that neither they nor their spouse/legally recognized domestic partner has any financial relationships with commercial interests related to the content of this activity.
Amelia Hausauer, MD, FAAD
BOARD CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
Yael Halaas, MD, FACS
Grant/Research Support: BTL
Speakers’ Bureau or Honoraria: BTL, Venus, Plasma Concepts, Kimera, InMode Other Financial Benefit: Director/Founder of Yael Halaas, MD PLLC
Jeffrey Rapaport, MD, FAAD
Grant Research: Direct Biologics
Speakers Bureau of Honoraria: Crown, Allergan, Merz, Evolus Other Financial Benefit: Founder of Cosmetic Skin and Surgery Center
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- Understand the clinical trial considerations for the use of PRP injection for hair and facial restoration, diagnosis and impact on patients.
- Review safety and efficacy of emerging and current trends, client selection, contraindications, reactions, and patient education.
- Review protocol for injection placement, depth of penetration, microneedling, consent and intake forms.
- Employ strategies to attain and retain patients.
- Understand measurable endpoints of treatment and when to consider combination therapy, prescription, dosing, and at home regimen.
- Discuss the mechanism of action and biologic changes in the skin responsible for effects seen post-microneedling
- Review the safety and efficacy of microneedling monotherapy in scarring, rejuvenation, pigmentary disorders, and striae.
- Compare the safety and efficacy of microneedling to other resurfacing and rejuvenation Review the safety and efficacy of microneedling combination therapy.
- Utilize microneedling with and without PRP therapy when treating patients for acne or surgical scarring, rejuvenation, and striae.