Online Learning Module Details
Module 1: What is PRP and Platelet Recovery + Detailing Hair Loss (Protocols)
- Whole Blood Components/Platelet Anatomy
- What is Platelet Rich Plasma?
- What to Look for When Evaluating a PRP System
- Evaluating Hair Loss and Treatment Options
- Injection Protocol and Combination Therapy
- Summary/Additional Resources
Module 2: PRP Microneedling Applications
- Review the science & literature regarding use of platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy for facial rejuvenation & aesthetics
- Review the science & clinical literature regarding use of microneedling for facial rejuvenation & aesthetics
- Discuss combination therapy
- Discuss the process, pearls, & pitfalls
Module 3: Marketing PRP within your Practice
- Marketing Aspects
- Importance of Social Media
- Defining your Brand
Module 4: Full Length Demonstration Videos
- PRP Centrifuge Spin and Draw
- Assessment and Before and After Imaging
- 6 Unique Hair Restoration Demos with LIVE Model
- 3 Unique Microneedling + PRP Application Demos
- Tear Trough and PRP Injections for Acne scarring
- Tips and Pearls for Optimal Results
Our Expert Faculty
The following presenters(s) have disclosed the following relationship with a commercial interest. All other presenters, planners or anyone in a position to control the content of this continuing medical education activity have indicated that neither they nor their spouse/legally recognized domestic partner has any financial relationships with commercial interests related to the content of this activity.
Yael Halaas, MD, FACS
Grant/Research Support: BTL
Speakers’ Bureau or Honoraria: BTL, Venus, Plasma Concepts, Kimera, InMode Other Financial Benefit: Director/Founder of Yael Halaas, MD PLLC
Jeffrey Rapaport, MD, FAAD
Grant Research: Direct Biologics
Speakers Bureau of Honoraria: Crown, Allergan, Merz, Evolus Other Financial Benefit: Founder of Cosmetic Skin and Surgery Center
Jeffrey A. Rapaport, MD, FAAD
BOARD CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
Yael Halaas, MD, FACS
BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON
Dr. Halaas has made a name for herself as a clinical investigator for cutting-edge aesthetic treatments, and she combines an intuitive understanding of facial symmetry, proportions, and classic beauty with a meticulous dedication to detail. Along with her own advanced medical education and continued pursuit of specialized training, Dr. Halaas often speaks at local and international conferences, broadening the field of aesthetics. She has trained thousands of physicians in her surgical and non-surgical techniques such as lasers, injectables, rhinoplasty, and hair restoration. Educational pursuits allow her to provide a wealth of information and experience to her first love: patient care.
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- Understand the clinical trial considerations for the use of PRP injection for hair and facial restoration, diagnosis and impact on patients.
- Review safety and efficacy of emerging and current trends, client selection, contraindications, reactions, and patient education.
- Review protocol for injection placement, depth of penetration, microneedling, consent and intake forms.
- Employ strategies to attain and retain patients.
- Understand measurable endpoints of treatment and when to consider combination therapy, prescription, dosing, and at home regimen.
- View Bibliographic Resources
Science and Application Behind Platelet Rich Plasma Preview
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine and REVIVE™. The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education to physicians.
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This enduring activity is sponsored in part by Crown Laboratories Inc.